When the flood ended and Noah and his family were finally able to exit the ark, G‑d displayed a rainbow in the sky. The rainbow was a symbol that G‑d will never again destroy the world.
When we see a rainbow in the sky, we say a special blessing:
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה’ אֶלוֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם זוֹכֵר הַבְּרִית וְנֶאֱמָן בִּבְרִיתוֹ וְקַיָם בְּמַאֲמָרוֹ
Baruch ata Ado-nai Elo-heinu melech ha’olam zocher ha’britv’ne’eman bivrito v’kayam b’ma’amaro.
“Blessed are You, G d, Ruler of the world, who remembers the covenant, who is faithful to His covenant, and who stands by His word.”
- White frosting
- Blue food coloring
- White mini marshmallows
- Rainbow sour belt candy (or similar rainbow candy)
- Make cupcakes using your favorite recipe (or you can use a cake mix).
- Make or buy white frosting. Mix in a few drops of blue food coloring.
- Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, top with blue frosting.
- Use a knife (it doesn’t have to be sharp) to cut a slit on each side of the cupcake. Tuck one end of the sour belt into one slit, and the other into the other side, so that it stands up.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows around each side of the rainbow.
- Eat and enjoy!